Steps to Booking a Celebrity
The following steps provide a brief overview of how Pro Sports MVP Entertainment & Promotions works to profile and secure our host of celebrities:
- The client educates Pro Sports MVP Entertainment & Promotions about their upcoming event or program and provides pertinent details including the date, location and estimated budget available. They also communicate what would be expected of the celebrity- the time commitment and responsibilities (i.e. would the celebrity be expected to deliver a speech, sign autographs, participate in media interviews?) Specific celebrities can be requested by name, or if there are preferences in terms of specific teams, sports, or other requests (i.e. 1970’s TV stars), these criteria should be specified at this time.
- With the input from our clients in mind, Pro Sports MVP Entertainment & Promotions profiles a list of celebrities that would be a good fit for the event, the audience, responsibilities and budget. For example, if the program is a Satellite Media Tour, we would suggest those celebrities who have been through media training and are proficient in public speaking. Depending on the specificity of the client’s needs, we may provide anywhere from 3-5 recommendations to upwards of 20-25.
- The client then has the opportunity to review our suggestions and communicates their top choices. When possible, it is helpful to learn the client’s top three choices in order of preference.
- Pro Sports MVP Entertainment & Promotions will then send an inquiry to the celebrity that will mirror all of the details as discussed. The appearance fee/offer of compensation will be pre-approved by the client prior to any correspondence with the celebrity. Although, we prefer not to send multiple inquiries out for a single opportunity, if timing is of the essence, we may be agreeable to contacting more than one celebrity regarding interest and availability.
- If a celebrity confirms his or her interest and availability for the event, Pro Sports MVP Entertainment & Promotions will communicate with the client as to the terms to which the celebrity has committed. Some of the time, the offer is accepted as is; however it is not uncommon for celebrity to submit a counter-offer requesting an increase in the appearance fee and/or a reduction in the time commitment, number of items to be signed, or responsibilities. If a counter-offer is presented, Pro Sports MVP Entertainment & Promotions will work to ensure that our clients are satisfied with the final terms through our strong relationships and savvy negotiation.
- If the client’s first, second, and/or third choices are not available or not interested, Pro Sports MVP Entertainment & Promotions will continue to provide options and suggestions until we find the right fit for the client.
- Once a celebrity is formally confirmed and terms are agreed upon, Pro Sports MVP Entertainment & Promotions will provide bio information and highesolution color photos for the client to use in conjunction with any promotion or advertisement of the event.
- Pro Sports MVP Entertainment & Promotions will draft a customized agreement to the client and the celebrity outlining all of the details of the appearance.
- When applicable, Pro Sports MVP Entertainment & Promotions will provide event collateral including customized autograph cards with the client’s logo, 8 x 10 photographs, baseballs, footballs, helmets, etc. We are able to leverage our relationships with vendors and suppliers to offer great deals on printed items and merchandise.
- If the celebrity requires air travel to and from the event, Pro Sports MVP Entertainment & Promotions will book all flights and any ancillary travel needs including hotels and car service. Approval is always sought by the client prior to any final purchases.
- Pro Sports MVP Entertainment & Promotions will issue and forward an invoice for payment. Depending how long prior to the event the celebrity is confirmed, the first invoice will be due anywhere from 30-90 days prior to the appearance. The second invoice will be due on or before the date of the scheduled appearance.
- Once the first payment is received from our client, Pro Sports MVP Entertainment & Promotions will provide the celebrity with a 50% deposit to bind them to the date and appearance.
- Pro Sports MVP Entertainment & Promotions stays in constant contact with clients leading up to the events to ensure that all of the details are in place. When necessary (specifically for speaking appearances), a pre-event conference call can often be arranged between Pro Sports MVP Entertainment & Promotions, the client and the celebrity.
- Approximately 5-10 business days before the event, Pro Sports MVP Entertainment & Promotions will send our client a draft of the final itinerary prior to us forwarding the agenda and information to the celebrity. The client then has the opportunity to review the timeline and schedule to confirm that each party has the same information and expectations.
- When working with an agency, it should be expected that they send a representative to assist you with the appearance on-site. At Pro Sports MVP Entertainment & Promotions, we have a staff member at each and every event we procure who is on hand to assist in managing the appearance. We handle everything from the celebrity’s transportation and assisting in facilitating an autograph line to taking photos for attendees and handling special requests on-site. We even bring the sharpies!
- Within 24-48 hours of the conclusion of each celebrity event, Pro Sports MVP Entertainment & Promotions will send an email with photos and an after action summary to client.